Friday, January 15, 2016

2016 Look Ahead - A New Year, Same Old Plan

Just recapped 2015 yesterday and it was fun looking back and seeing how far I've come. It was really just a big year for me and I'm so blessed when I look back and think about what I was able and lucky enough to do.

(Photo credit: http://www.fggam.org/2015/12/2015-2016-restoration-of-losses-by-stephen-young/)

But now we're 2 weeks into 2016... so what's next?

Well, it may be a new year, but I'm going to use the same ol' plan: be better! Be better than yesterday, keep striving for greatness, and most importantly, Race for a Cause!

(Photo credit: https://www.pinterest.com/explore/be-better/)

I'm happy to say that 2016 is going to be a great year! And one reason I can say that is because of all the wonderful organizations I'm apart of in my triathlon journey!

(Picture from my Instagram a few days ago)

I've been apart of the LA Tri Club for almost 3 years now and it's been a wonderful community of fellow triathletes who are similarly just doing the sport because it's their passion! They swim, they bike and they run. But then the last part of the group's motto is to PLAY! Have fun with it and this group definitely does that!




My next longest group has been Honey Stinger as they've been kind enough to sponsor me through their ambassadorship program for the last 2+ years now! It's been great using Honey Stinger products and to be a brand ambassador and also get some discounts has been so helpful for keeping the training costs manageable while still being fueled up! The best part is that my group of triathlete friends have dubbed ourselves Team Honey Stinger Picnic and it's a great family of triathletes who really support each other!



The newest group is Team Nuun as I've been lucky enough to also make the cut with their ambassadorship program in 2016. This is my first year with them and I'm excited to try more Nuun products and similarly promote another great brand for staying hydrated!






The last, and to me most important, group is the Children's Tumor Foundation. With them, I was able to check the box on my personal bucket list to one day finish an Ironman. But part of getting to that point was partnering with this great organization and their NF Endurance Team to learn more about NF and to meet a wonderful little girl who's fighting it. Meeting Ava and being able to say that I Know A Fighter has been so important in changing the way I look at life, the way I look at my challenges and struggles and really has just made racing all that more rewarding. It's really a great group and hope that more athletes try and find a charity to get behind, to get involved, to make people aware and just give them another reason to keep doing what we do.

Well all that being said, 2016 should be great! I'm excited to tackle new goals and challenges and to be better! And there's no better way than just getting out there and doing it! So get out there today and join me in choosing to be better :D

(Photo credit: http://www.primermagazine.com/2012/live/today-i-will-be-a-man-one-reddit-users-manifesto-for-being-a-better-man)

No comments:

Post a Comment