Sunday, July 31, 2016

Race Report: SF 1st Half Marathon

Doing a race just for another couple medals... Such is the status quo. This one was a bit tougher as I was quite a bit out of shape...

Race details:
San Francisco, California
Run: 13.2 miles

Course Reported Finish: 1:59:55

Garmin Splits:

Race Summary:

This race was literally just a check-the-box, get-the-medal kind of race. I had spent a ton of time in China. I had worked many 16 hour days... continuously... And well it was just all a recipe for not having your best race. And this final result was the sum of a year's worth of not being ready.

The end stats speak for themselves. Just under 2 hours... literally. Tons of struggles. Hills that killed. Heck I even had a friend who just blew past me. All kinds of no good.

The only thing I can say is that I fought hard. I fought through pain and struggle and many doubts. And at the end of the day, by the thinnest of margins, I still kept my sub-2-hour-half time intact.

Pics:

No comments:

Post a Comment