Sunday, July 12, 2015

Racing Ironman Florida with CTF Charity!!!

Hi friends and family,

I hope everyone is doing well! It is with great excitement that I'm writing to you today! I've officially partnered with the Children's Tumor Foundation (CTF) to race in Ironman Florida while raising money to support individuals and families affected by Neurofibromatosis (NF)!

NF affects 1 in 3000 people and affects approximately 2 million people worldwide. Those with the genetic disorder suffer from tumors that affect nerves, bones and skin all over the body. CTF uses funds raised to find effective treatments for NF and do research which has shed light on NF as well as cancer, brain tumors and other disabilities, therefore benefitting the greater medical community.

I chose this race and CTF not only to support the charity, but also because I will be partnered with an NF Hero in the coming weeks as my application continues to get processed! The funds I raise through the support of my friends and family will be used to help this hero and their family. I think it's great to be able to touch the life of a child and their family!

If you're interested in supporting CTF and an NF Hero, please visit my fundraising site below:


CTF is also connected with several corporate matching programs, so if are you able to give, please consider checking your matching programs if you have one!

If you're curious to learn more about CTF and NF in general, you can also visit the website below:


And last but not least, I'm going to take a shot at blogging about my training experience! We'll see how well that works out since training might take up a lot of my non-work time. But I'm gonna give it a try below:


One thing I'm going to track and try is a "No-Fast-Food-Pledge" challenge. As you may or may not know, I am a huge fan of fast food, with McDonald's being my #1! Since there's about 100 days left until the donation deadline, I will be pledging to donate $5 a day for every day I don't eat fast food at a traditional joint like McDonald's, Jack in the Box, Taco Bell, Panda Express, etc. On days that I do succumb, I will donate an additional $5 penalty! If you're interested in joining the pledge for any amount you like, I'll try to post to the blog once a week reporting on my eating out habits.

Thanks and Best Wishes!

Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment