Sunday, July 12, 2015

The No Fast Food Pledge

As referenced in my first post, I'm going to do a "No Fast Food" Pledge. There's 118 days until Race Day which gives me just over 100 days to meet my donation goal. In those 100 days, I will be attempting to give up fast food from my diet for as many days as possible.

For each day that I'm able to avoid fast food, I will contribute $5 towards my cause.
For each day that I cave and eat fast food, I will contribute $10 towards my cause.
The goal is to track my status/progress weekly or possibly biweekly depending on my schedule.

The "fast food" category will include traditional fast food chains with unhealthy menus. Some examples include:

McDonald's (my favorite and #1 guilty pleasure)
Jack in the Box
Panda Express
Taco Bell
Pizza Hut
In-N-Out
Carl's Jr
Subway
KFC
Chick-Fil-A

The one fast food restaurant that will not count is Chipotle. Chipotle is exempt only if I get a bowl with no cheese and no sour cream. Adding either of those or sides like chips will count.

It'll be a tough challenge for those that know me. While I love and enjoy tasty and delicious food, having fast food is my guilty pleasure. If you camped out near the McDonald's in Hermosa late at night, there's a pretty decent chance you'd see me there once a week.

But training for an Ironman requires discipline not only in training, but in diet as well. You must respect the distance by committing to your training. Yet the training cannot be effective without the proper fuel. And well, this meme just sums it up perfectly:

(Photo cred: http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3rtaje)

No comments:

Post a Comment