Thursday, November 26, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Happy Thanksgiving from my family to yours!!!


Thanksgiving is an American holiday which celebrates the first harvest in America by the pilgrims. It has since become a very important national holiday in which the emphasis is to "Give Thanks" for those family and friends in your life.

For me, I've got many great people. To start, I have my family. Family is a bond that ties you together for life. Love em or hate em, family is family and will always be so. My family is crazy, but awesome! My parents love us all and support us in all that we do. They're just the best! Nothing showed that more than when they traveled across the country to support me for Ironman Florida 2015 just a few weeks ago. They took some days off work, fly to be there for me, support me, take pictures of me and help to care for me after the race and the days we stuck around! They're amazing!

I also have two great siblings. My brother and his wife are two of the best people and they now live in California for the time being so we can hopefully continue to grow closer! And then there's my little sister. She's the best! She created some cool shirts for me and my parents for Ironman Florida because she wasn't able to come. But she has come to support me for other races!

Lastly, I'm so thankful and blessed to have many great friends and supporters! Good friends are much different than family. You're born into your family and are stuck with them for life. But you choose your friends! And the company that you keep defines who you are. I'm so lucky to have many great friends in all aspects of my life who help make the man I am today. And while there are too many to list, I'd like to highlight a few who have been extra supportive of my triathlon life:

There's the Honey Stinger Picnic Crew! The OG crew who started the journey together back in June 2013. Our fearless leaders Kim and Dave hooked this crew and have trailblazed this path we've all been on as we strive for greatness. There's Amy, John, Steph and Jenna who, like me, were all convinced by FOMO and the pursuit of the athletic achievement and endorphin high associated with crossing that finish line. We're a tight knit crew who push each other, support each other and have a bond that's hard to put into words!

There's also the extension of the athlete crew. These folks show up to random races either to partake or sometimes just to support the athletes! There's Mark and Janet, the wonder parents, with their unwavering support and Mark's hilarious on-course taunting! There's Pat the crazy athlete who sparingly trains but often shows up at a race and crushes it! There's Noah, Julia and Munch, the NorCal crew we see at least once a year at Wildflower! There's the epic Yurko who is a freak athlete always crushing races that he enters!

And finally there's those folks who don't race but have went above and beyond to show their support. My good friend Noe is just an uber supportive friend who loves to see the race bling and chat over cookies and coffee! My great friends Phil and Sam who have supported at a few races but always provide congratulatory remarks and often dinners or wine nights! My amazing roommate Harry who may not show his support at a race, but he often cooks me dinner and helps fuel this triathlete making it easier for me to use my few hours of spare time training! There's also my good buddy JB who's been a constant supporter and great friend! And there really are just so many more friends and supporters but I'd be writing the world's longest ledger if I really listed them all!

So that's my abbreviated thanks to those who have supported my triathlon journey! Hopefully this great day has allowed you to think of all those people in your life that you're thankful for!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment