Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Race Report: Avengers Half Marathon

Did the Avengers Disney Half Marathon run with BApple coworkers just a week after Ironman Florida. Ended up being a really bad idea and I'm still hurting even over a week since the finish date. Definitely using the now off season to rest up.

Race details:
Anaheim, California
Run: 13.1 miles
 

Course Reported Finish: 1:52:00


Garmin Splits:

Race Summary:

This race doesn't really need much of a summary. For me it was more of a fun run than anything else. Turns out I ran relatively well and had a Half Marathon PR, but I also never ran a race Half Marathon before so it's not too surprising.

One thing to note is that Disney races have huge corals and so we got stuck in the third coral and were stuck behind packs and packs of people. It was terrible. Trying to get around crowds was very difficult to start.

The only other real noteworthy thing is that I started to feel some pain around mile 9 in my right leg, generally in the knee area. Post race it hurt and even now I still kind of run with a limp, if you call what I've tried to do running. So that sucks. I'll have to heal soon.

But otherwise, a relatively fun race. Cool part was running on the field at Angel stadium. But otherwise, I think $200 for a half marathon and running only the first 2 and the last 1 mile in the park is kind of a bummer. If I really wanted to, I could easily run on the streets of Anaheim. HA!


Pics:
Pre Race BApple Pic:

Race Pics:


Post Race Pics:

No comments:

Post a Comment