Monday, November 2, 2015

IMFL RACE WEEK!!! The Real Countdown Begins!!!

And so it begins!!! It is officially 5 days from Race Start. In 5 short days, I'll be toeing the line at Panama City Beach, Florida hoping to cross the finish line at my first ever full Ironman event!!! 140.6 long and grueling miles which will top off over 4 months of training. Many, many laps swam, pedal revolutions turned over and miles trudged along.

I'm nervously excited. In my last post I summarized what I've done and accomplished on the road here. It's personally been a major highlight. Possibly one of the most productive and accomplished months of my life. In short, I feel ready. Either way, every opportunity to get werk done has officially passed by. Any additional laps, miles biked or miles ran would do no good. It's time to start getting calm, getting some rest and getting mentally ready.

My bags are also packed. All the gear is ready to go. The bike has long been put on the truck and shipped. Nutrition is in zip lock bags and bottles and extra nutrition is ready to go.

The schedule ahead looks as follows:

Monday - short run (maybe an hour) at Z1, work (and trying to focus there), sleep
Tuesday - work (and trying to focus), board the red eye
Wednesday - land in Texas and wait to get to Panama City Beach, check-in and sleep
Thursday - CTF brunch, athlete check-in, short run (maybe an hour in Z1), athlete banquet, sleep
Friday - CTF team swim, bike rack and prep, carbo load dinner, sleep
Saturday (RACE DAY!!!) - poop, eat, poop, get to transition, get psyched, toe the line, RACE
Sunday - RECOVER!!!

It should be fun! I really just can't wait!!!

Oh and this is soon to be my new FB profile picture :D


(Note: I def did not write and post this blog at 4am PST... I pre-wrote it and set it to publish at exactly Race Start today hehe)

No comments:

Post a Comment