Sunday, August 30, 2015

Pledge Week 7: Trouble with Munchies

Times eaten fast food this week = 1
Total pledge amount this week = $40 (6 days * $5, 1 day * $10)
Total pledge amount to date = $245
Funds raised to date = $1620

----------

This week was a really easy week in terms of skipping out on fast food. Everything looked to be good from that standpoint. And then Friday late night happened... ugh...

On Friday, I had a bunch of friends hanging out for a big draft night event. I had skipped out on the league despite finding them a new player but I still wanted to come and hang out. This was also somewhat of a last hurrah for me from an alcohol standpoint. There's a few big things that I'll be having some drinks for. But for the most part, I'm laying off it a bit.

Anyway, so I went to the party, had 2 beers then took my roommate out to the pier and we had a couple cocktails and did a little bit of dancing. Naturally, when I drink, I get the munchies. And when my roommate suggested getting some food, I did not object one bit!

(Photo credit: http://www.byronbootcamp.com/2014/07/day-three.html)

And that is the double danger with drinking. Not only are those sugars and carbs in alcohol not great for you or your metabolism, but what you do while drunk is typically not great either. And for me, that happens to mean drunk eating. And that always means eating bad stuff... One time I tried to get some Pita Pit as a pizza alternative. I was trying to convince myself that a pita was slightly better for me (somewhat false, I know). But that decision worked out poorly as I was nowhere near satisfied and ended up warming up a frozen pizza when I got home (back when I kept those types of foods in the freezer still). Seems like a major fail if you ask me!

Also wanna throw a shout out to all my friends and family who have donated to my cause thus far! I've made it past my halfway fundraising mark thru 7 weeks and I'm looking on track to hit my goal! So thank you so much for showing me some support and helping me to support CTF and little Ava!

No comments:

Post a Comment