Friday, September 18, 2015

Pledge Week 10: Some Good, Some Bad and an Aero Helmet

Times eaten fast food this week = 0
Total pledge amount this week = $35 (7 days * $5)
Total pledge amount to date = $360 ($250 contributed this week)
Funds raised to date = $2150

----------

These last two weeks have been a better effort from a diet standpoint! I got back to eating zero fast food and only had a few "cheat meals" that weren't healthy (like pizza). So that's the good news!

(Photo credit: http://forum.kingdomsatwar.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=170865)

The bad news is that I had tried to start a "Sober September" effort which I hoped to continue into October. The goal was to kick as much alcohol as possible in order to keep on top of the training and hopefully lose some more weight as well. Unfortunately, by Labor Day (Sept 5th, 2015), I officially had failed. I went to Vegas for a bachelor party, had too much FOMO and needed it. Then it just continued every 2 or 3 days as various things just came up and I couldn't resist having one beer.

(Photo credit: https://amuseless.wordpress.com/2013/04/16/in-which-real-life-gets-in-the-way-of-things-yet-again/)

Yes, a "facedesk" is appropriate! So here we go again hoping that I can restart what was a 4 day valiant effort that never was...

I did want to show off some new swag though... As mentioned in my last blog post, triathlon coach Ian Murray recommended an aero type helmet as "free speed." Free speed really isn't free since you're paying for the gear. But it is free in terms of no real additional effort or training required to instantly gain some time (potentially as much as 3-5 min every 40km depending on how long you can stay in aero).

And if you don't know me, any excuse to get some sweet gear is one I'm going to take! After some browsing, I decided to go with the awesome Giro Air Attack Shield! It's a multifaceted helmet that can be used for normal riding or time trial like courses. It also comes with Giro's shield setup which includes 3 magnets attached to a Carl Zeiss glass shield which eliminates any need for sunglasses on the bike! Plus I got it in a really SWEET highlight yellow color!!! It doesn't match my bike or my tri suits, but it's unique and will make me easily recognizable on the course!!! W00T!!!!!!!


READY TO GO AND HAPPY TO GET INSTANTLY FASTER!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment