Friday, September 25, 2015

Pledge Week 11: Counting Down the Days

Times eaten fast food this week = 0
Total pledge amount this week = $35 (7 days * $5)
Total pledge amount to date = $395 ($250 contributed this week)
Funds raised to date = $2150

----------

This past week was another solid week for the diet. No fast food was had. No alcohol was consumed. Snacks generally kept to a minimum. Meals were generally healthy, but there were 1 or 2 questionable choices. Workouts were also generally solid minus the lack of respect for the distance on Tuesday...

(Photo credit: http://memegenerator.net/instance2/2080142)

The minions are kind of in right now and I really wanna dress up as one for Halloween...

Anyway, having good weeks are gonna be key for the final push to IM FL. There are officially 6 weeks left not including this weekend!!! Oh boy... Let's see how I stack up:

Race Distances:
Sprint - CHECK (multiple times over)
Olympic - CHECK (a few times over, but definitely Malibu this past weekend covers it)
70.3 - tentative CHECK (done one, Superfrog this weekend will be the full check)

Training Distances:
Swim - 3800 yds - CHECK (plus Pier-to-Pier swim confidence check)
Bike - 50 miles - FAIL
Run - 22 miles - On Track

So as you can see from above, I'm on track to checkoff all the race distance checkpoints you could consider after this weekend. And remarkably, it'll be back-to-back-to-back checks, something I was warned not to do and told I was crazy for doing...

From a swim standpoint, I'm supremely confident. I know I can get the full distance for the IM. IM FL is also similar to many other IM events where you swim half, run out then swim the other half. That in and of itself should hopefully also give me some confidence. And trying that type of swim this weekend will really help as well!

Gonna jump to the run as it's my second highest level of confidence. While I may struggle here and there, I am on track to get the distance. I haven't done a 20+ miler in about 3 weeks, but I wanted to be fresh for the series of upcoming races. Additionally, the training plan I had didn't say to get that much distance but rather just to run for 1-2 hours for my long runs. So I've been working harder than the plan and this slight dip should be good rest/recovery for the final push to LB Marathon which will be the big check mark for the run!

The bike I list last because it is the one I am the most afraid of, which is funny because I have constantly joked that if I can just stay upright, I can roll to the finish line. But having never done more than 56 miles and having never come close to 112 miles, I'm full of fright! Some of my fears were eased after racing Malibu. I got a solid 25 miles in, felt great for the run, stayed in aero and generally had a middle of the pack respectable time for the bike. Hopefully I can keep those good vibes going this weekend and up my confidence level. And I am the benefactor of a recently purchased set of Zipp Firecrest wheels! So hopefully that'll really get me going! I'll incorporate them with my race report since they're getting installed at this writing!

So there it is. Counting down now. The final push is here. Hoping for good vibes, solid health, great gains and doing the distance!

(Photo credit: http://www.goptions.com/final-countdown/)

No comments:

Post a Comment